Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

 

 Happy Mother's Day to those that made my name, "Mom" and now "Mimi." They have all called to wish me a Happy Mother's Day but in reality I feel like I should be the one wishing them sentiments of the day. Without them, I would never have been a mom; the only job I have ever treasured.

 

Thoughts Of You
© Paula Stone  
 Memories of another time still come
To me and fill my mind, with thoughts
Of you when you were young. I lie awake
‘Till the morning sun comes creeping
Through my window shade, as I dwell upon
Mistakes I've made. What I would give to
Go back in time and feel you’re little
Hand in mine. To cherish each fast and
Fleeting day. To hold you close and kiss
Away, each pain that life will have in
Store and try to give you so much more.
You are part and will always be, imbedded in the soul of me. While I'm
Here, I want to say, that I've loved you
Each and every day and when my time on
Earth is gone.
The privilege was mine to have been your Mom



5 comments:

  1. oh my goodness...way to make me cry. That is beautiful. Time flies! Happy Mother's Day to you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well put... can't imagine anything more rewarding and truly fulfilling than being a mom! Happy Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are welcome mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Don't we all feel that way. I am saving that one if you don't mind. That is beautiful. I am late but so wish that you had the bestest Mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Made me cry, too. I have so often lately wished for just one of those days back, so I could appreciate it as I should have! If I knew then what I know now...

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, I am so glad you chose to leave a comment. I love getting comments, questions and even just a friendly hello. I may not respond to every comment, but rest assured I read them all. Sometimes the comments and questions fuel new posts. So comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...