Thursday, June 30, 2011

Can you say busy??


I am home, have been home for several days. I just haven't been able to find enough moments to string together a post for you. Bessie Mary and I  had a wonderful time at The Old Fashioned Baby Sewing Retreat. It was held at the Wesley Center in Woodworth, LA. Spent time with old friends and met some delightful new ones too.

The project was a precious slip dress featuring tucks and Swiss trim.I can't wait to finish it for our princess to wear.

 

The room was bright and airy as you can see. Precious samples lined the walls for inspiration. On this wall are samples from many of Jeannie's articles for Sew Beautiful.


Such as this precious pink linen and lace confection.


Or this slip dress that was in the latest Sew Beautiful. Trust me, it is even more fabulous in person. It just makes you want to squeal.


This little frothy number, makes my heart sing. I adore it! She featured it on her blog, The Old Fashioned Baby Sewing Room as well as in the magazine.


The other wall was hung with the projects from the previous retreats. Hey, Susan and Marilyn!


There was also time for scripture study each morning and evening. A great way to take a deep breath and be reminded of all of the blessings in our lives.


Jeannie also brought a small market with her. I am a sucker for those little blue cards of buttons. I love them in the bags as well, but oh those little blue cards. Does me in every time!


And would any Old Fashioned Baby Creation be complete without some precious laces? I don't think so.

Mine is not done yet, but it is close. If I can get a few minutes tomorrow, I had hoped for  a snippet of time today, I will get it completely constructed. Then all that is left is the embroidery above the hem.

Jeannie and her friend Belinda did a wonderful job with all of the details. Jan, did a much better job of highlighting the many gifts and treasures we received. I have not even unpacked my machine or sewing bag yet. Jump over to Bessie Mary's blog and see what beautiful treasures we brought home.

The best treasure was the time spent stitching, renewing friendships, renewing our spirits, taking a deep breath and being reminded of God's abiding love.

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me."
Psalms 51:10

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a marvelous trip... love the little light blue dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see yours and Jan's finished dresses. I adore Jeannie's patterns, they are all so lovely. I can see from both of your blogs that you had a lovely and relaxing time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound like just the lady for this question: have you ever heard of a faux french seam made by putting both raw edges of the seam through a rolled hem foot? I did it and was so pleased at the neat finish (in one pass!), but can't find it described anywhere.

    I loved smocking for my daughter, hooping and praying for some grandbabies in my future~

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you captured more photographs of all the fun. I must have been too busy eating brownies in the kitchen!
    Wonderful and inspirational time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what fun!!! I am so jealous! I would love to go to such an event!!!! You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, I am so glad you chose to leave a comment. I love getting comments, questions and even just a friendly hello. I may not respond to every comment, but rest assured I read them all. Sometimes the comments and questions fuel new posts. So comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...