Friday, April 29, 2011

Did You Watch?


Were you up in the wee hours of the morning like I was? It was enchanting. The bride was breathtakingly beautiful. And who wouldn't like this kind of revelry on their big day?

 

The dress!! It couldn't have been more perfect for her. I love the bodice and sleeves. You still get the look of strapless that many brides today prefer with the elegance of the neckline and sleeves. Lacy but airy.


I loved so many of the details but I adore her sweet, symbolic bouquet.  Here is the copy from People.com

Symbolism was key in the small bouquet Catherine carried, designed for her by Shane Connolly. In addition to the flower sweet William, the bouquet included lily-of-the-valley (for return of happiness), hyacinth (constancy of love) and ivy (for fidelity, marriage and affection). Also key to the arrangement were stems from plants grown from sprigs of the bridal bouquets of Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth.
You already know I love lily-of-the-valley.


How adorable are these? Can I order about a half dozen? Love, love, love the flower girls. Or bridesmaids as they are called in royal circles. Her sister's gown was gorgeous as well. You would never see an attendant in white in this country.


This was one of my favorite moments. This footman had no idea what to do with that 8-foot train. He finally unceremoniously dumped it on the ground! Don't you know the "Royal Protocol Officer" about stroked when he saw that!


No matter how royal, no matter how planned; children will be children. How cute is that? And the fairy tale Prince and his Princess really are regular folks who get caught up in the moment.


Finally the second most anticipated moment after the dress. The kiss. How sweet and I love the expressions on the children's faces. The little one couldn't care less and the older girl is excited to be a part of the very romantic day. A sweet yet grande celebration. How wonderful that with today's technology over 2 billion people could celebrate with them.


What did you do this morning while you watched? I brewed my favorite tea, bought on my own London trip, a year ago this week. I only have a few pots left. I love it. The same brand available in this country doesn't taste the same. Not sure why, it just doesn't. I also made these wonderful scones. I substituted chopped dried cherries instead of cranberries. Yummy!! Good thing, since I was in the kitchen baking at THREE THIRTY, AM!

After I enjoyed the festivities right up to the kiss, I took a nap. Hey a girl has to keep up her energy. Especially since she is Mimi all weekend while Mommy and Daddy have taken a quick teeny vacation. No I didn't wear a tiara or a hat. Speaking of hats.....


What was she thinking? On what level does any of this work? I could say that the openwork of her dress was intriguing, but that is the nicest thing I could say. So the only hat I wore, was a bedhead.

Enjoy the rest of this royal day and let's all


EAT CAKE!

7 comments:

  1. lovely, lovely post!!! I enjoyed every minute of the broadcast and looked forward to all the details, like yours, that I am reading!!!!
    (I am a big fan of LOTV myself and mine has just finished blooming!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here in Aus it was on in the evening; perfect for us to watch. The males in my house were unimpressed so I sat and watched it on my own and enjoyed every minute. She was beautiful, dress was perfect and it was so lovely.
    BTW I agree about that hat; and many other hats there were just as bad.
    I wish the happy couple well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved every second we watched....and, we joined you in cherry scones. Delish! It was history in the making. Heck, I'd even call it school, if I were desperate! Great time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought I would watch, but since I was up.... But I didn't do scones or tea. Just TV.

    It was lovely. I too loved her dress. Had to go to work and missed the kiss. The crazy hat was so strange, but I loved the Queen's yellow outfit with the very classy hat.

    The couple look to be genuine, down-to-earth folks, and I hope they are very happy together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved, loved, loved her dress!!! So beautiful and elegant at the same time! Just like Catherine! That ugly hat was worn by one of Andrewt(and Fergie's!) daughters. Her sister looked just as bad! Someone called them Tweedledee and Tweedledum! I don't know if they have no fashion sense or if their outfits were in retaliation for their Mother not being invited?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot to add that I thought both the Queen's outfit and hat and the music as the bride walked down the aisle were so very 'happy'!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I so totally agree! Fabulous dress, bouquet, bride, groom, pageantry, and everything else... so romantic. But that hat? Was it a hat? Odd, to say the least :)
    There were a lot of crazy hats... really good fun, crazy hats. But the faces underneath were all so proper and solemn! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, I am so glad you chose to leave a comment. I love getting comments, questions and even just a friendly hello. I may not respond to every comment, but rest assured I read them all. Sometimes the comments and questions fuel new posts. So comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...