Monday, December 13, 2010

L is for


L is for

 

Lucy, as in St. Lucy. Today is the feast day of St. Lucy. St. Lucy is the patron of those with eye diseases. I have a special reason for sharing St Lucy with you today. A dear friend, Jan of Bessie Mary, is suffering from eye troubles. She has traveled through wicked winter weather to the Mayo clinic this week to undergo further treatment there. She is scheduled for surgery tomorrow. So I ask in the name of St. Lucy that you remember her in your thoughts and prayers this week.

Prayer to St. Lucy 

Saint Lucy,
Whose beautiful name
Signifies light, By the light of Faith
Which God bestowed upon you,
Increase and preserve
His light in my soul,
So that I may avoid evil,
Be zealous in the performance
Of good works,
And abhor nothing
So much as the blindness
And the darkness
Of evil and sin.

Obtain for me,
By your Intercessory
With God,
Perfect vision
For my bodily eyes
And the grace to use them
For God’s greater honor
And glory
And the salvation of souls.

St. Lucy,
Virgin and martyr,
Hear my prayers
And obtain my petitions.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, I am so glad you chose to leave a comment. I love getting comments, questions and even just a friendly hello. I may not respond to every comment, but rest assured I read them all. Sometimes the comments and questions fuel new posts. So comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...