Thursday, September 24, 2009

A treat for you


 A tiny peek at the smocked dress quilt that my SAGA chapter has made for the SAGA Convention Raffle basket. Each year at convention, chapters, businesses, individuals, teachers etc. compile and donate baskets to be raffled each year at convention. The baskets are given away on Saturday night of convention at the annual banquet. It is always a highlight of convention. Grown women squeeling like little girls to win one of these baskets. Sometimes there are well over 100 raffle baskets.




Our chapter always enjoys putting together a basket. This year our chapter has done another smocked dress quilt. I only put up a couple of tiny pictures to tease you. Not all of our chapter members have seen the whole quilt, so I wanted to wait until after our chapter meeting on Monday. It is too stinking cute!!!!

Convention starts next week, so I have been busy getting ready to go. Sorry for the lack of postings. I will try to be better. I hope to be able to post from convention, but I have to make sure my camera can hook up to the laptop. Until next time.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Martha, I am dying to see the whole quilt. I have loved each little picture you have shown of this gorgeous quilt. Have loads of fun at Saga and I hope you win an lovely basket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I cant wait to see the whole thing. What a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope I win this. I know it is pretty based on the bits you have shared.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, I am so glad you chose to leave a comment. I love getting comments, questions and even just a friendly hello. I may not respond to every comment, but rest assured I read them all. Sometimes the comments and questions fuel new posts. So comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...