Thursday, November 13, 2008

Pin stitching

Designdreamer asked if the pin stitching done on the bunny jacket was done by hand. Yes and no. I am a firm believer as I have said before, that it doesn't matter how you get to Cleveland as long as you get there. I want the pin stitching to look even and uniform. But I don't want to belabor over it. So I cheat. First I stitch the pin stitching on my machine that is threaded with Wash A Way Thread.


I stitch with a large needle, a Schmetz 100 or 110 sized needle with the Wash A Way, then go back by hand and stitch in and out of the same holes. I get the hand look with the precision of the machine doing all of the measuring for me. There is more than one way to skin a cat! Thanks for your questions and comments. Edited to add that when I wash the garment, the initial stitching done with the Wash A Way thread dissolves leaving just the hand stitching behind.

5 comments:

  1. That is pure genius Martha! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Martha! I enjoy your blog and your tips. Keep up the good work! I love hand pinstitching, but I may have to try this method!
    Cissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I've heard it all now. What a great idea! I'm gonna have to try that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wash away thread.... hmmmm seems I heard a story about using that....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooo! Great Idea!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, I am so glad you chose to leave a comment. I love getting comments, questions and even just a friendly hello. I may not respond to every comment, but rest assured I read them all. Sometimes the comments and questions fuel new posts. So comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...