Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Getting ready!



I have found that there is a little known benefit to having previously inhabited bedrooms vacated. It gives you a place to start collecting your stuff when you are leaving on a trip! WOO HOO! I have a little pile started. Where am I going? Going to spend a week with my friends. What we will do while we are there? Only what we want to! We will laugh, talk to all hours, stitch, shop, laugh some more, stitch some more. Catch up on the happenings of each others lives since last fall. Laugh again, have a cocktail or two. Stitch, Shop, Laugh, Rinse, Repeat.



If there is any one piece of advice that I would give moms it is make sure that you take some time for just you and your friends on occasion. Granted I couldn't afford to go away for a week when my children were small; but I was blessed with a husband who understood the need for mom to leave the kids behind and re charge her battery. The most precious of all would be when we had four kids ages 6 an under, over the dinner table he would take one look at me and say "You're going to the mall aren't you?" Now we did not have any shopping money mind you, but I would go to the mall and window shop while he bathed, corralled, prayed and read kids to sleep. No amount of diamonds could have been more prized.

So back to my original thought, I am accumulating my "getting ready" pile on an unused kid bed to go spend a week with some of these hooligans.

Atlanta here I come.

5 comments:

  1. WooHoo! Won't be long, Martha! Love the photos! (Oh, and I love the new designs on the garment stands!)

    Love,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and what fun we are going to have! I am bringing my resale license and going to market too! Not buying anything I don't think....

    I am making a bonnet stand for our guild's basket. And I am going to start packing this weekend!

    Stop by my "Little Things in Life" Blog. I have something for you. ;-)

    Love,
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why does Lori always close her eyes in all the pictures? LOL! I have not gotten one single photo of her, ever, with her eyes open,.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe she is like my dd who says she is the president of the eye closers club. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Martha,
    I don't have a spare bed, but I'm piling things up mentally. I can't wait to experience the fun you speak of. :)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, I am so glad you chose to leave a comment. I love getting comments, questions and even just a friendly hello. I may not respond to every comment, but rest assured I read them all. Sometimes the comments and questions fuel new posts. So comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...